Yay! I’m a Red Cross Instructor!
Never use lighted candles on a tree or near other evergreens.Always use non-flammable holders.
Keep candles away from other decorations and wrapping paper.
Place candles where they cannot be knocked down or blown over.
Use only non-combustible or flame-resistant materials.
Wear gloves while decorating with spun glass “angel hair” to avoid irritation to eyes and skin.
Choose tinsel or artificial icicles or plastic or non-leaded metals. Leaded materials are hazardous if ingested by children.
In homes with small children, take special care to:
Avoid decorations that are sharp or breakable.
Keep trimmings with small removable parts out of the reach of children. Pieces could be swallowed or inhaled.
Avoid trimmings that resemble candy or food. A child could eat them!