Firms that require LEAD RRP Certification

In general, anyone who is paid to perform work that disturbs paint in housing and child-occupied facilities built before 1978 (Dec. 31, 1977 and back) must be certified.  This includes all firms, even sole proprietorships.

Examples of the types of firms covered:

  • Residential rental property owners/managers
  • General contractors
  • Special trade contractors, including
    • Painters
    • Plumbers
    • Drywall
    • Carpenters
    • Window Installers
    • Electricians

Firms can’t advertise or perform renovation activities covered by the regulation in homes or child-occupied facilities, even though they are certified renovators, built before 1978 without firm certification.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *